An explanation for men

        Recently, I’ve seen a few articles about things women love to wear, but men hate. Reading them, it seems like a majority of the authors are women. So there’s no need to make an angry post about how women are wearing these things for their own satisfaction rather than the satisfaction of men. Instead, I’d like to look at a few of my favorite trends and explain them to the men who don’t understand.

        Peplum tops aren't exactly a new trend, but women are still wearing them. We like peplum tops for a few reasons.
  1. They accentuate my actual waist which is above my belly button. It’s not 2001, my waist is not at my hips (shout out to “super low” jeans that barely cover your junk.)
  2. It hides my lower belly bloating. If I’m not feeling 100 about my body a peplum top is a good choice because it accentuates all the right things and is usually pretty flattering.

        Uggs/Bearpaw boots have been around for what feels like forever and some people are still a little baffled. Here’s the deal:
  1. I know they aren’t cute so don’t tell me. Most of us know they aren’t cute, but they’re also not that disgusting.
  2. They keep my feet warm as August in Ohio.
  3. Socks are optional. That’s right. The two companies actually recommend wearers go sans-socks.
  4. Men, I don’t like the big yellow construction boots and the hunting boots you wear in the winter, so I don’t even want to hear it.

        Maxi dresses are an especially popular trend when summer rolls around. 
  1. In the summer wearing a dress simply means I don’t have to wear pants today. Any other season it typically means something majorly important is happening because I’m braving the wind, rain and cold to look nice. So maxi dress=no pants.
  2. The difference between this gem and any other dress it that I don’t have to wear pants, but I also don’t have to shave my legs. You won’t find this priceless commodity in any other outfit.

       This is a good start to what is likely a long list of unexplained fashion trends. Maybe I’ll do more later, but these were my favorites. Ladies, why do you wear what you wear?

Comments

  1. AMEN. There are quite a few fashion trends I may not necessarily adore, but I don't really understand the point of writing a blog or listicle saying the reasons why men don't like them. Nor do I really care of a guy likes what I'm wearing. I wear it because obviously I like it.

    I agree with all of the things you listed, but I do have one thing to add: high-waisted shorts, specifically of the denim variety. I adore these suckers. Not only do they hide your food baby if you eat too much while making you look like an 80s video girl, they make me more comfortable wearing crop tops because I'm not showing nearly as much skin as I would with "normal" height shorts. A lot of blogs/listicles/"news articles" have slammed this trend, but I will defend those shorts all day long.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment