Opportunities AGAIN

        On Thursday night Carrie Underwood performed live on NBC's live broadcast of The Sound of Music. Obviously it was a media storm. Journalists, NBC and fans of the classic film were all live tweeting the event. But the best was the official Twitter account of DiGiorno Pizza, which live tweeted the entire show. Here's a link to the BuzzFeed article where I read about this. You can also check out all of the tweets there.
        So how does a company decide to do this? Turns out they didn't, they just trust the person who runs their Twitter account. Buzzfeed spoke to the tweeter, who preferred to remain anonymous, "I will say this was an unplanned event. That the brand trusts me and my agency with the account. And that trust is what makes moments like this possible." DiGiorno's marketing agency is Resource.
        And it resulted in DiGiorno Pizza trending in different cities across the country. Isn't that the goal of good PR? To get your name in the press associated with something good? Because that's exactly what DiGiorno did, they saw their opportunity and seized it.


**Interestingly, I don't recall seeing a lot of pre-show media. Now I'm sure it existed, as this was a big event, but I really didn't hear about the show until the Monday before. While I don't watch television a lot, I am on Twitter constantly. So I'm confused as to why I didn't see more from NBC or Carrie herself.

Comments