In time for Halloween...

                McKameyManor. If you haven’t heard of it, I’m really not sure what rock you live under or if you really know how to use the Internet. It’s a California horror house where the actors are allowed to do anything so long as it’s not illegal. I know what you’re thinking, because I thought it too; ‘I mean all the really bad stuff is illegal right?’ Well, you’re right and wrong. They can’t beat the living daylights out of you, but they can; lock you in cages, cover you in blood, force you to eat disgusting things (it looked like animal eyeballs of some sort in the video), hang you from the ceiling like cattle and duct tape your mouth shut to muffle your screams.
                I’ve included the full promo video at the bottom. My first thought upon watching it was ‘What in the actual fudge do these people think they’re doing. Why would anyone sign a waiver to be treated like this.’ I get scared of Halloween advertisements on the TV and radio, I would never make it through something like this. My Pandora account is set to an Indianapolis zip code so I’m always hearing the advertisements for Hanna Haunted Acres, which is a Saw-like voice telling you to visit the attraction/fear for your life. Hello, I just want to listen to Kendrick Lamar radio (because I’m basic) without crying.

                As I got further into the video I began to wonder how much people pay to experience something like this. I was prepared for it to be a ridiculous amount (‘ridiculous’ to me means like $65). It’s a donation of dog food to a pet charity and in past years it was a donation of canned goods. At least they’re using the house of horrors for the betterment of society. 

Comments

  1. Julie,
    As I read through this blog post, I couldn't help but share your feelings about the sanity of the people who would participate in this kind of "fun." What are they thinking? Personally, I don't enjoy being scared for entertainment, and I don't care if it is only going to cost me a can of dog food you won't catch me near an attraction like this. I didn't even watch the promo video because I don't need that kind of emotional torture in my life; your description was enough for me. However, if you are ever out in California and check out this horror house let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tahnks for reading! I'd love to visit Cali again but I will NEVER go here lol

      Delete
  2. Julie,

    This. Is. Terrifying. Unlike Lauren I chose to watch the video and immediately regretted my decision. I do not understand how people can allow themselves to be tortured, are completely okay and can drive home like nothing happened!? I don't like to be scared, scary movies of haunted houses, so perhaps my opinion is a little biased, but you won't be catching me near this place in California anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,

    I'd have to agree with Anna on this one. I don't understand people Halloweekends is scary enough for me I cant handle "cornstalkers" let alone be tortured like this. Some people are just weird and you have to think to yourself what sick and twisted mind would come up with these things too. At least that's just me and my over-thinking brain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment