Annual Halloween blog

The Old Eley Porch back in Fall 2009

            Recently, the Eley Family Project has been getting our house ready to put on the market. My mom, brother and I have been making intermittent trips back to Indiana to help my dad and other brother clean. The last time I went home I overhauled my room. I let some things go, knowing they’d find a better home once they were resold. Some mementoes were carefully packaged and put in storage. Everything else came back to Ada with me.
            Needless to say my room and closet at school are now very full. So full, that some things have found a permanent home in the trunk of my car because I simply don’t know what to do with them (I know, I know, maybe the Goodwill pile should have been a bit bigger, but trust me these weren’t things I could just cast aside.)
The best thing now living in the trunk of my Jeep is a storage container full of odds-and-ends costumes completely unuseful in everyday life. They’re things that you might need for very specific theme parties or last minute Halloween costumes. As Halloween is fast approaching, I’ve begun to explore the contents of the box. I’m working on a YouTube video to share later this week because simple photos and descriptions on a blog won’t do justice to these costumes. Here are some random adjectives describing some of the contents of the box; yellow, bird, cheer, cocoa beans, Mardi Gras. For an extended explanation of the costumes look here later this week!

Comments