An annual debacle: what to be for Halloween



            HALLOWEEN IS ON THURSDAY. I repeat, Halloween is Thursday. So what am I going to be? I have no idea. On one hand I have a really killer Native-American headdress that I’ve been dying to put to use. But, I’m also tempted to dress up in one of those incredibly witty or ironic Halloween costumes. I’ve done some Google searching and I have a few ideas, but I haven't gotten very far. Maybe you can leave your opinion in the comments.
        What sent me on this crusade for a laughable costume you ask? Of course the answer is this episode of New Girl. Why? Because it's New Girl. If you don't understand, go get a Netflix account and watch seasons one and two.
        That said lets talk about some of my options (yours too if you choose to join me in my quest.) There are many lists of top Halloween costumes. Like this one and this one and the winners of this contest. But none of these are good enough!
             By not "good enough" I mean, I don't really want to go through an entire cardboard construction process to have a cool costume. Basically, I'm fully committed to wearing a cool costume, but not at all committed to the idea of constructing it. I've got about six hours of extracurricular meetings, a trip to the mechanics (the Jeep has seen better days,) a presentation and an exam this week.
             So this is where I'm at with this; making a Bill Murray jersey from Space Jam (because, obviously that's a solid costume on its own,) being an indian (but I literally only have the headdress,) dumping glitter everywhere and calling myself Ke$ha (I did that freshman year though, but I could probably use the headdress,) or stumbling upon an amazing last minute costume (like a Tweety Bird suit I have at home that someone could bring to me) in the next three days. 
Help me.

Comments

  1. Julie, I feel like I have the same problem every year in picking out an outfit for Halloween! There's so many options out there! The Native-American headdress doesn't sound bad! With that dark hair of yours that costume will look great! I have to admit, my Halloween costume this year is pretty pathetic. I bought a cheap eye mask and wearing my usual going out outfit: black leggings and long sleeve shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go with the headdress! Get some Pocahontas style face and arm paint on and you can say you're a member of The Village People. I'm sure you have a cool shirt and pants you can pair with it. This also saves you from being Ke$ha more than once if you didn't want to go that route. If you do decide to be Ke$ha, I don't blame you. Who DOESN'T want to be Ke$ha?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like this is an issue with almost EVERYONE! It gets to Wednesday and Thursday and we're all pulling our hair out because we have no idea of what to dress up as. Anyways, I agree with Brittany, I think the headdress could really work out well. Oh, and Ke$sha, she's just awesome in general so I think that'll be a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. UPDATE: I found a rabbit pelt in my craft box (don't ask) and some feathers. I have now created a vest to be paired with the headdress so there will be no question whether or not I am a Native American.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading this after halloween, I feel like I had the same problem. All of my friends had really good ideas and I had cat ears that I had bought for $2 on Amazon. Next year I will be going all out for my senior year at Northern. I hope you had a great Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment