Classic series: Reality TV

(Note: some of these shows are no longer relevant, but who cares. A lot of things on the Internet are irrelevant.)
There's something important I want to talk about, reality TV. Now, I know what you're thinking, she's going to rant about how its trashy and Real Housewives this, Jersey Shore that, but you're wrong. I want to talk about those shows on A&E or Animal Planet and whatever channel airs Duck Dynasty.
Pause: I just used Google and A&E airs Duck Dynasty, so there you go.

1. A&E answer me this just what is Bates Motel about? I know it was an old TV show spin off from a movie back in the day, but that is the extent of my knowledge on the subject. Your commercials and various promo ads have told me virtually nothing. I have determined that you are banking on two things, that fans of the original television show will tune in check it out and others will flip the channel out of curiosity because your advertisements are so painfully vague. Scratch that, three things. The third being Norman Bates. This is annoying and I don't like it. Further more I will not watch the show because it looks creepy and I just watched Session 9 on Netflix and I'm still recovering.

2. A&E: Duck Dynasty, OK I'll admit it, this show is pretty entertaining. Obviously the ridiculousness and sheer stupidity is the best part. I also enjoy watching these manly men hunt, catch, trap and shoot their way through life because it reminds me a lot of my uncles. And although I don't hunt and should I ever choose to do so I would use a Zink call before a Duck Commander, I'll keep watching A&E. BUT, I do have a few questions:
-If they're all so rich why does Miss Kay's house look like that?
-There is at least one more Robinson brother who isn't pictured, what's up with that?
-My brother told me Si has a wife. Is she always there with the rest of the family and she just stays off camera? I don't understand.
If you're going to let me into these peoples' lives via television I expect you to tell me every detail, leave no stone left unturned.

3. Where do they come up with these ideas? By "they" I mean television executives. For example: I did not know bidding on storage units was a thing, now that I do it makes sense, but WHY and WHO said yep this should be a TV show.
MTV: Buckwild, why? How did you find these people and how many of them were cast into their roles?
Additional television shows that make me shake my head and shrug my shoulders: Parking WarsIce Road Truckers, and if the original Pawn Stars on History Channel weren't enough, Cajun Pawn Stars.

4. Animal Planet, I know you want to make TV shows all about animals and maybe there isn't a lot of compelling subject matter out there for you to create an entire TV show around. I'll just say this: Jeremy Wade is my hero and Pit Boss is weird.

5. I know I said I wasn't going to talk about Jersey Shore, but I've watched JWoww and Snooki....
That elipse is really all I have to say about that. Where are Pauly and Vinny and why don't they have a show? I'm telling you now MTV that would have higher ratings.

Comments