Classic series: TV shows

(Note: Some of these shows are no longer relevant, but a lot of things on the Internet are irrelevant.)
1. I'm just going to say it because we allll want to, but we are a little embarrassed. The CW you're doing it right. We all indulge in at least one ridiculous CW show. I feel like there's always a little judgement that comes with saying you are a fan of this channel. But let's face it, once you watch one of those damn shows you can't stop. Here's a short list of my favorites from this Warner Bros/CBS gem: Vampire Diaries (you think you know, but you don't), Cult (the newest CW bebe) and of course Gossip Girl (I gave up around season four, but I'm still appreciative).
            Cult is wonderful. Its a little scary, I try not to watch directly before I
            go to bed, but I am also highly irrational. I cried (yep) when Matthew
            Davis was written out of The Vampire Diaries, but I'm OK now
            because he has his own show.
                                  ---Cult was canceled. Sorry everyone.

2. Glee I still love you even though a lot of your fans stopped watching once Rachel, Kurt, Quinn and everyone who matters graduated.

3. The Office is in its farewell season and we are all devastated. It's alright, we can grieve together. Let's just be thankful the whole cast will be available at a moments notice via Netflix.

4. Even as we say goodbye to The Office, Parks and Recreation is still going strong and I love it. Now, if you haven't experienced the glory that is an episode of Parks and Rec you'll need to start a one month free trial of Netflix right now and get to work. Here's a short list of the things I love about Parks and Rec: LIL SEBASTIAN, April and Andy, DJ Roomba, Ron Swanson, Tommy (Haverford) Timberlake and obviously Adam Scott & Amy Poehler.
I also applaud the NBC staffers who run the social media for Parks and Rec because their Twitter and Pinterest accounts are spot on. So go follow them.

5. And finally we've come to the King of Kings. The Best of the Best, looking back I should've made this a count down to lead up to this moment (oh well, next time). ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, where Michael Cera got his start and I fell in love with Jason Bateman. Maybe you've heard that the AD crew will be making a highly anticipated return for one final, Netflix exclusive, season on May 26. Originally the show ran from 2003-2006. All three seasons are available on Netflix so again I urge you to get to watching. It's an off beat, but laugh out loud comedy about a dysfunctional family. I say off beat because it's not like anything that was on TV back then or now really. I feel like The Office and Parks have both come close, but they still aren't in the same ball park.
            Go ahead and like the show on Facebook, because even as FB seems to be a
            fading medium, the communications department for AD is doing an awesome
            job of promoting the show's comeback. They're working hard to remind us
            why we loved the show in 2006 and how we'll love it in 2013.

Finals aren't for a few more weeks so go procrastinate a little longer and watch a few of these shows.

Comments