The Bill Murray shirt


            Each year the Delta Zetas at Ohio Northern work two weekends at Cedar Point amusement park to raise money for our chapter. Saturday was my first day. Five sisters and I worked at Los Gatos, where we sold burritos, tacos and nachos. I had a pretty good time and I rolled enough burritos that I could get a job at Chipotle or Jalepenos (the delicious Ada version of Chipotle.)
            Attached to the burrito stand was a soft serve ice cream parlor. At one point in the day they were swamped and the supervisor asked me to go help them for a bit. Now instead of rolling burritos and warming up taco meat, all I had to do was put some ice cream on a cone. Needless to say it was great.
Bill Murray
            As I was taking orders I saw a man waiting in line wearing the best shirt I have ever seen. At first glance it looked like a The Godfather shirt, but upon closer examination it wasn’t Marlon Brando at all. It was Bill Murray.
            Among my friends back home Bill Murray is something of a god. You could never tire of watching Groundhog Day. Ghostbusters can never be topped. Caddyshack can never be topped (but with Chevy Chase and Bill Murray are you surprised.) His appearances in Space Jam and Zombieland are the best celebrity cameos in existence. Bill Murray is a rock star.
Bill pretending to be a zombie in Zombieland
            As the man in the Bill Murray shirt approached the window I said, “I appreciate your Bill Murray shirt. I’ve been admiring it from afar.” He laughed and said, “Thanks!” And then he asked for a chocolate waffle cone.
It was a brief encounter, but after a day of wrapping burritos I was excited to see someone who views the world like I do: with Bill Murray on top and the rest of us waiting to watch his next move.
If you are unfamiliar with any of the movies I’ve talked about (or Bill Murray in general) I encourage you to leave a comment and we will make plans for a Murray Marathon.

Comments