The Klondike Team

Who is behind that furry face?

We’ve all seen Klondike around campus, and I’ll venture to guess that we have all wondered who is inside that winter white suit. No one knows who, exactly, is Klondike. I’d like to review the facts and ask some questions. If you know any other clues you can leave them in the comments on this post.
As seniors graduate each year, they dramatically reveal that they have been Klondike. I can think of two past Klondikes off the top of my head. But who is Klondike now? Has anyone accidentally exposed himself or herself as Klondike before graduation? When you join the 'Klondike team', as I like to call it, do you take an oath of secrecy?
I’ve also seen Klondike be bullied at events to reveal his or her identity. People stare deep into those big mascot eyes and try to figure out who is inside. Has anyone succeeded? What is Klondike trained to do in that situation?
I also believe that someone other than the leader of the “Klondike team” has to know who some of the Klondikes are. Where does Klondike change from street clothes to the famous polar attire? I think the Alumni House. If this is true could I simply stage a stake out on the day of a major event and discover Klondike’s true identity?
This is a well-kept secret and tradition of the ONU community. The “Klondike team” is a very illusive group. It seems, at this time, that there are more questions than answers.

Comments